It’s finally Friday. Thank goodness the week is over. I’ve had a very rough one. One thing I can attest to: when things are rough, we require strategies to manage ourselves.
Whether you have run amuck with a mound of negative thoughts — or you are just plain feeling stuck — listening to experts sharing their research and experiences, can help us re-frame our challenges.
This week we’ve once again picked our favorite videos to help you through the rough patches and offer a bit of guidance. Click on the following link to reach our YouTube channel and then find “Playlists”. Happy viewing. Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPobAd0urxAGPaVu4PNWsIQ
Here are our picks:
- Developing a Growth Mindset. Psychologist Carol Dweck reminds us, that potential has much to do with our perspective.
- How to Make Stress Your Friend. Health Psychologist Kelly McGonigal talks about stress and the beliefs that we hold about that stress.
- True Grit: Can Perseverance Be Taught. Angela Duckworth lets us know that intelligence is much smaller part of the story, where achievement is concerned.
- Mindy Kaling’s Advice for Young Girls. Actress Mindy Kaling tells us to focus on your art — not the aspects of you that you feel will hold you back.
- Getting Stuck in the Negatives (and How to Get Unstuck). Social psychologist Alison Ledgerwood touches on how we are overwhelmingly affected by negative information (loss-focus) — and what it takes to get unstuck.
Do you have a favorite video to add to this list? Let us know.
Live.Work.Think.Play shares observations concerning a wide array of topics from running a company — to the perfect gift. It is designed to share lessons learned from a variety of perspectives.